Pages

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sensory Stepping Stones

This weekend I got to spend some time with our nephews, so I decided to give a project I found on Pinterest a shot.

I made sensory stepping stones, found on this blog - http://wendyjanelle.blogspot.com/2010/05/sensory-steps.html?m=1

I cut out rectangle pieces of cardboard, put cheap ($.94 for a 5ft roll at Wal-Mart) shelf paper on one side and a fun texture on the other. The shelf paper on the bottom keeps it from sliding when it gets stepped on. Some of the materials I used for the tops were bubble wrap, felt, bath poof, make-up sponges, craft pom poms, plastic bag, and foam packing paper.

I hot glued the material to the top and the shelf liner to the bottom. We set them on the floor, took our shoes and socks off and had a ball! The 1 & 1/2 year old loved it! He particularly enjoyed the pom pom and make-up sponge options.

It is definitely a great way to talk about textures and descriptive words with the little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment